Alright y’all….this is the last post from my weekend last month in Asheville! Can you believe it?! I sure can’t. Clearly me & the gals were snapping all kinds of crazy photos & we ended up with SO MUCH CONTENT. Ladies…we need this to be a monthly thing.
Any who, today I’m talking about how to keep up with your skincare routine. As I’ve gotten older, I am the oldest in the squad you guys (insert crying face emoji), there are certain things I’ve come to realize are very important.
Here’s a list of the top five things I’ve figured out as I sprint through my 20’s (I can’t deal with the fact that my high school reunion is next year people):
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. Your skin, your lips (for all those smooches!), & your bod. Try to do this 2-3 times a week. It will keep your skin looking & feeling like a little babies’ booty, & who doesn’t love that?! I have used St. Ives for literally years & there is nothing better.
- Take care of your under eyes ladies. Your eyeballs are the first thing a boy looks at, or at least what they should be looking at, & the should look FAB. The first time a makeup gal at the Bobbi Brown counter told me to start using under eye moisturizer, I’m pretty sure I cried myself to sleep that night. Maybe not outwardly, but inside I was having a crisis. I am not old enough, but y’all it is seriously a GAMECHANGER.
- Use a face mask weekly. I LOVE mine from Lush, but the Biore Charcoal mask is a great one too. After a long night out, my body is not as “get up and go” as it once was…not all of us can be 21 years old y’all. So a mask the morning after is one of my go-to’s to bringing some life back to my skin.
- DRINK WATER. Y’all….I am the first to tell you I used to never drink water. Like ever. The bare minimum at best…I am a self-proclaimed sweet tea-aholic & never thought about drinking water. However, I decided that enough was enough & I decided to make a change. My gal pal from work introduced me to the water tracker app “Plant Nanny.” It is the cutest! You track your water intake by watering a super cute plant. The plant grows as you drink more water, & it even alerts you when it’s been a while since you last logged water. I went from drinking maybe a glass a day, to drinking a full 24oz cup at least four or five times a day! OBSESSED.
- Figure out an everyday makeup routine. Long ago, I told another makeup artist at Bobbi Brown that I needed a five-ish minute face for everyday. I am not an expert on makeup, & while I have added a few things to my makeup routine (insert highlighter & brow filler here), my basic routine has stayed the same. For you habitual alarm snoozers (I am not one – I swear), knowing how long everything takes you in the morning is essential! Side note — would y’all want to see my five-ish minute makeup routine for everyday?
Hope these were helpful! Would love to hear your feedback, or any beauty/skincare staples y’all live by?